About Me

My photo
Manhattan, Kansas, United States
I'm a 33 year old woman finding her own way in life, while being a mother of almost 7 yr old girl Angel, going to college full-time and working as many hours as i can to get by. I've lived in Kansas all my life growing up in SW and now living in The ne corner for 12 years. My ex is a medically-disabled/retired OIF/OEF veteran (TBI,PTSD) and my daughter is topping the scales on height and knowledge of her age. I'm just along for the ride sometimes :)

Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 3: Your Views on Drugs and Alcohol

This is a split opinion for me. I don't see anything wrong with alcohol consumption, as long as you are of age or, in fact, with family once you're 18. I understand the "law" says 21, but if you are with responsible family, there's nothing wrong with having a beer or maybe two between the ages of 18-21. I don't approve of minors getting drunk by any means, no matter who they are. But there's a lot more to drinking than the purpose of getting drunk. I hate being drunk. But I love having a beer to relax.

On the other hand, drug-users/abusers repulse me. My husband HAS to take prescription drugs for his PTSD issues, and so I'm obviously all for taking drugs for legit medicinal purposes. But marijuana, cocaine, meth, and that new so-called-legal weed -- If I know you use them at all; I pity you. Your life must be so joyless and depressing, your soul so dead and pathetic that you have to turn to illegal substances that do absolutely NO good to your body or mind. Once you do that, a dog has more common sense than you. There are sooo many options out there to entertain yourself other than getting high. I just don't understand why someone would feel the need to do that to themselves.

And, I'm done. :) Got a sunburned little girl I have to slather some more Aloe Vera on.

No comments:

Post a Comment