About Me

My photo
Manhattan, Kansas, United States
I'm a 33 year old woman finding her own way in life, while being a mother of almost 7 yr old girl Angel, going to college full-time and working as many hours as i can to get by. I've lived in Kansas all my life growing up in SW and now living in The ne corner for 12 years. My ex is a medically-disabled/retired OIF/OEF veteran (TBI,PTSD) and my daughter is topping the scales on height and knowledge of her age. I'm just along for the ride sometimes :)

Monday, March 1, 2010

My favorite month!!!!

Today is March! Officially my favorite month of the year. Spring begins so it starts warming up, grass turning green; it's my birthday month (even though I'm dreading that big 3-0); and today marks 46 days til DisneyWorld. :) Tell you what, nothing could put me in a bad mood today!
I've been daydreaming of mowing the grass, getting to leave the windows open all day long, hearing Angel giggle as she runs around outside, smelling that "spring" smell in the air, planting flowers, getting to take family walks in the evenings...all that wonderful feel-good stuff!
I don't know if any other time makes a person feel so happy as springtime. Of course, I've always been prone to seasonal-depression during the winter. The lack of sunshine, cold, and all the dead vegetation/trees just completely puts me down in the doldrums. I've even had dr's suggest tanning! Now that's some advice I can follow up with! haha. So when springtime starts creeping in, my mood automatically improves. It's like a cloud literally lifting off of my heart.
I hope some of ya'll are looking forward to the coming spring as much as I am! It's going to be beautiful!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment