About Me

My photo
Manhattan, Kansas, United States
I'm a 33 year old woman finding her own way in life, while being a mother of almost 7 yr old girl Angel, going to college full-time and working as many hours as i can to get by. I've lived in Kansas all my life growing up in SW and now living in The ne corner for 12 years. My ex is a medically-disabled/retired OIF/OEF veteran (TBI,PTSD) and my daughter is topping the scales on height and knowledge of her age. I'm just along for the ride sometimes :)

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Annoyed

Has anyone else gone through a stage of annoyance? I don't know what's different lately, but I'm downright Annoyed with almost everything. People, my animals, the fact that the dishwasher doesn't always clean the dishes... I really think I need to join a kickboxing class just to get these frustrations out. It'd probably be more beneficial than my current state of grrrr. The things that are really pushing my limits are the following:

1. I didn't get my job I applied for. They offered it to someone that had more experience. Ok, so I can't disagree with that option, but it doesn't mean that I have to like it.

2. My daughter's alternating independent/clingy stage. You just can NOT make a 180 on attitude that quickly without a written warning and signed consent.

3. Stress of doing well on my 13 hrs of college classes, along with my final insurance class to acquire my Associates of Underwriting. Also, I thought I *lost* my Biology textbook and went crazy going through the house looking for it. Turns out, I never did order it. :/

4. My crazy, almost-presentable-but-still-disaster-zone-lurking house. For the most part, it's presentable (no rotting food or trash all over) but not anywhere near what I would like it to be. I just don't have enough hours in the day to do the housework I want to -- between working 40 hours a week, studying, spending time with Angel and Jason, trying to exercise -- something's gotta give. If I exercise, then I have to take that time away from studying. Need to spend 2 hours doing laundry? Then I can't go to Dart League on Wednesday.... Granted, Jason's been trying his best to help keep things picked up, but he doesn't take initiative and vacuum the carpets or sweep/mop the kitchen.... maybe in time.

5. I've been hanging around empathetic, emotional people for too long. I have lost touch with my inner Bitch. I miss her. She didn't care about others' opinions, and looked out for her own success and failures before others. I really do hate to hear other people gripe and complain about their life, when they're not going to do anything to improve it. Hate your job? Apply for new ones. Not getting enough sleep? Go to bed earlier! Something pains you? See a dang doctor and follow their advice! Lonely? Go out on a date or out with friends. Otherwise --- PULL UP YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND STOP THE WHINING!!! Whining gets you absolutely nowhere -- except on my nerves.

Well, maybe now I won't be so annoyed. Ok, so maybe I will. But every woman is entitled to getting pissy once in a while, right?? Well, too bad if you don't think so. I'm letting my inner Bitch have free reign for a while. If your feelings get hurt because you take this personal, then you really don't know me well enough. I'm going to say what's on my mind without cutting corners or making it all soft and comfy for you. Man-up or Get out.

Have a quality day!

1 comment:

  1. #5....I love you! I have lost mine as well and I was wondering when she took a hike...she needs to come back, NOW!

    ReplyDelete